When I've asked Evie what day it is lately, she has been responding "Mudder's Day! It's your day!" I have yet to explain to her that Mother's Day was only one day. But I won't correct her anytime soon.
The Y&P house had a very happy Mother's Day earlier this week, with all four family members home to celebrate my ability to keep two kids alive, relatively happy, and usually healthy while not losing my (complete) sanity. To be honest, absolutely anything could have been better than the stomach turning events that occurred last year on Mother's Day!
|The bambinos with me on this Mother's Day. |
Behaving. Kind of.
|Abbott decides to bail out on us when we started our girly giggle fest.|
This year, I received exactly what I
My Mother's Day loot looked something like this:
(1) a kickplate for our front door - in the size, shape, and patina needed to spruce up our entryway and protect the door
(2) a new screen door for our back porch- to replace the old wooden one that has gotten into a fight with our dogs one too many times
(3) a weekend breakfast with the family at my all-time breakfast fave: The Flying Biscuit
(4) a surprise delivery of roses to my work last week (that was not requested or expected!)
(5) and Chris was also nice enough to give much needed assistance in the makeover/finishing project that I wanted to do on our back porch...
|Yes, those chains hanging from the ceiling do have a purpose.|
|The chains hold up the kiddo's little wooden swing. |
Evie loves to swing in it, but I'm thinking Abbott's going to inherit it from her sooner rather than later at the rate he is growing.
Do you see those snazzy industrial-looking curtain rods? Instead of forking over $80-$150 for a set of long rods that fit, we paid $2 for each of these. That's because they are actually electrical conduit from Home Depot. Score!
(He said we should call our house The Chippendale house instead. Obviously!)
I seem to put the fabric everywhere I can...
|I even recovered Evie's little rocking chair |
in the Waverly Moss color a few years ago.
|And check out our butts! |
Actually, check out the fabric that is underneath our butts...
I gave a few yards of the fabric to my mom and she put it on her porch swing pillow too.
|Raise your hand if you think Mom should quit trying to be a decorator.|
(Chris secretly wants to throw his hand in the air.)