Tuesday, May 1, 2012

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE(S)

Isn't bedtime great?

That feeling of the day slowing down, you have (most of) your daily chores completed (ha!), and some semblance of calm (sort of) settles over the house.

In my opinion, the only thing that can beat the bedtime feeling is that special golden hour right before bedtime.   In our house, that means it's play time/bath time/snuggle time!

Or play-the-drums-on-your-brother's-head time.
A play category unto itself.

They like to rehash their day with a conversation all their own.
"Dude, I hear your class has banana snacks tomorrow.
I'm gonna have to get in on that action
."

Seriously, how cute is this?
I imagine these conversations will change as they get older.
I foresee these discussions evolving into a strategic planning session
where they plot to stage a revolution and overthrow
their repressive parental establishment.
Sleep with one eye open, momma and dadda!


The only revolution this guy is plotting involves a diaper explosion.
That smell can make a person surrender pretty quick.
Ahhhh-ha! I spy a yummy  foot!

Toes or thumb? Thumb or toes? I can't decide!

The big toe is by far the tastiest of all the toes.
There is a very particular and delicate balance of flavors
that must be considered in the proper toe-chewing selection process.

Nom nom nom nom nom.
Can I chew on your toes too?


Help, momma! She's trying to eat my toes!

In other non-baby-cannibals-eating-each-other's-toes news:
We recently learned that Evie will have a solo in her upcoming school program! (A solo! As in ALL BY HERSELF! Yikes!)

It took us a few conversations to determine what song exactly she will be singing, as she told us a different one every time we asked. Finally, she explained that she will be singing "You are My Sunshine."

We've practiced a lot since this video, but this was one of the first times she sang it for me:


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
So please don't take my sunshine away


Please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for our Little Miss Sunshine. She's not one to back down from a challenge- especially a challenge that involves her making noise(!) -  but I'm hoping a case of stage fright doesn't keep her from performing.  This school program has the makings of a learning experience for all of us!!


I think THIS Berenstain Bears book is a good bedtime book for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment