Monday, March 14, 2011


First Order of Business: The Earthquake and Tsunami that hit Japan so hard this past week. Everywhere you look, you've seen pictures of the destruction and hopefully you've tried to do your part and help out in some way.

If you're like the Yankee & Peach house, we are pretty selective in finding the "right" kind of charity or group... one who really does what they promise they will do with the donations they receive. 

We aren't too happy with 75% of our donations going to fund the executives' salaries and the remaining 25% being spread to those who are really in need of it. (One great resource is Charity Navigator if you want to check out an organization.)

One of our favorite charities to help out is The Salvation Army.  They're typically one of the first on the ground in a disaster area. They seem to be efficient at what they do and most of their documents are usually open to the public to see where your donation money has been routed.

That's why we're regular donors. And that's why the Yankee & Peach want to let you know about this cool t-shirt:
Thanks to the support of a donor, who is covering the production costs,
the ENTIRE $20 cost of this shirt goes to
support Salvation Army's relief efforts in Japan.
Great t-shirt. Great cause. Make a donation to help the relief and get a cool t-shirt. What's better than that? The t-shirt can be ordered HERE.

Second Order of Business: St. Patty's Day. 

The Yankee and Peach house is getting ready for St. Patty's Day this week.  Once upon a time, it meant Momma Peach and Dadda dressing in green, heading down to the local pub, and listening to a U2 cover band while putting down a few pints of Guinness and Killian's Irish Red.
Ironically, Dadda will actually be in Boston on St. Patty's day this year (lucky guy!), so it's up to the girls to celebrate St. Patty's day on their own.  While Dadda was still here, we decided to dress up our little leprechaun and convince her to search for the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow!

Nope, the gold ain't under here, lads!

Maybe it's this way?

Come on, mom. Give me a hint. Where's the gold?

I found a wine decanter! That's like Irish gold, right?!
Maybe if we just sit down and close our eyes to THINK about it...
Found it! Thanks for the help, Dadda.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the charity. Thank you for the link.

    How cute she is! It looks like great fun looking for the pot at the end of the rainbow. Aren't we all doing that?